Over 65s Travel Insurance
At Insurancewith we pride ourselves on being able to offer comprehensive medical insurance for all age groups. We want to ensure everyone can enjoy their holiday with the peace of mind they need, by knowing they’re fully protected.
If you’re over the age of 65 and looking to travel in the near future, it’s vital to ensure you’re covered with the right insurance. Whether you’re fit or healthy of suffer from a medical condition, at insurancewith we can put you onto the right cover and make sure you’re fully protected on all excursions overseas.
Without travel insurance, the risks are simply too high. If you’re injured or unwell abroad, you may need to pay hundreds and possibly thousands of pounds for hospital care and treatment bills. You may also be liable for the costs of repatriation back to the UK.
By arranging personal travel insurance and ensuring you’re covered for your upcoming holidays, you’ll benefit from:
- Peace of mind when enjoying your travelling. Even with a basic level of protection you’ll be covered for certain conditions and incidents.
- Coverage for as short or long as you need – whether it’s a two-week break in Spain or a year-long cruise around the world.
- Choose cover that suits your needs. We’ll personally assess your health and ask all the right questions to guarantee you have the right level of protection.
- Cover for you and your partner and family, if you’re not travelling alone.
Why should I choose insurancewith for over 65s travel insurance?
Insurancewith was started with the intention of providing more than just insurance. We want to provide travel insurance that’s designed specifically for you and your needs, giving you complete peace of mind on your travels.
You are at the heart of everything we do and with our unique screening process we’ll be able to ensure you’re paired with the right travel insurance cover no matter your age or health. This helps you find insurance that’s at a fair and affordable premium – rather than paying over the odds to explore the world.
We also work regularly with charities in an effort to continue improving our service and the level of insurance we’re able to provide.
What are the policy benefits?
- Up to £10 million medical expenses cover
- Emergency Assistance Service available 24/7, 365 days a year
- Special discounts for couples and families
- Worldwide cover
- Choose cover to suit you with multiple policy types
- 14 day cooling off period
- 15% discount automatically applied when buying online
“I cannot rate Insurancewith highly enough. They have arranged insurance for my husband – who is over 75 and undergoing lung cancer treatment – so we can go to the USA to be at our only son’s wedding. Their service was without fault and we were treated in a professional but sympathetic manner by their representative. They will be my No. 1 choice for further travel for myself as well. I have spread the word and recommended them to family and friends.”
Travel tips for over 65s
If you’ll be jet setting off around the world in the near future, it’s important to take on as much information as possible. As such, we’ve compiled some great tips for you to consider below:
- Check your passport’s expiry date and ensure it’ll be valid for at least the duration of your stay. In certain countries you also need to have six months’ validity from the day you arrive – so double check the facts. Many countries outside the EU also require a Visa. You’ll be able to access more information on this from the government.
- If you’re looking for country specific information before you travel, check out the Foreign & Commonwealth Office. This will give you useful information on laws, customs and much more.
- Ensure you have extra copies of all your important documents before travelling. This includes your passport and driving license.
- Visit your GP to discuss your health and arrange vaccinations. There are both mandatory and optional vaccines for you to consider for foreign diseases, including Typhoid, Yellow Fever and Hepatitis.
- Whilst the UK remains part of the EU, you can apply for a European Health Insurance Card – which enables you to get cheaper medical treatment in certain countries.
- It’s advised to consider your itinerary before travel. If you’re over the age of 65 you should be able to get reduced concession prices to many attractions around the world.
- Make sure to shop around when it comes to buying foreign currency. After all, the more you have to spend abroad, the better off you’ll be.
- Don’t forget to tell your bank or building society that you’re travelling abroad, especially if you plan to use a debit or credit card overseas.
Over 65s travel insurance FAQs
What are the different travel insurance policies for over 65s?
Insurancewith has a whole range of policies to suit you and your budget. We offer single trip policies for that one-off trip, multi-trip policies if you want cost-effective cover for multiple trips or Longstay and backpacker policies if you’re planning on going away for a bit longer.
What is the maximum age for an Insurancewith policy?
Our single trip policies have no upper age limit, we can offer cover to those of all ages. If you’re after a multi-trip policy, we can provide cover for those up to the age of 74 years old.
Can I get cover for a cruise holiday?
Yes, we can cover cruising under any of our single or multi trip policies. All you need to do is select the cruise extension when purchasing your policy. You can read more about cruise cover here.
Is there a discount if I’m travelling with a partner, relative or friend?
If you are travelling as a couple or in a family unit with children under 18, we automatically apply special discounts to your travel insurance quote.
Will I be covered for strenuous activities abroad, such as skiing?
If you’re planning any sports and activities on your trip, make sure you are covered by checking against our sports and activities table here. If you need additional cover, we can easily add this on for you at a reasonable additional premium.
Can I get cover if I’m over 65 and have a medical condition?
Yes, we have no upper age limit on our single trip policies and provide cover for thousands of medical conditions, depending on the outcome of a medical screening when you get your quote.
What counts as a pre-existing medical condition?
Any condition which existed before you have been quoted for your travel insurance policy. We also count it as anything you have received treatment for or have been diagnosed with in the last five years.
Will I need to show you a doctor’s certificate?
You will not need to show us a doctor’s certificate upon purchasing your policy, but make sure your doctor or GP has confirmed that you have fit to travel. You may however need to present it in event of a claim.
Can I extend the length of cover when I’m abroad?
Yes, you will be able to extend the length of a policy when you are abroad. You may be asked to pay an additional premium for this extension of your policy, so just give our customer service team a call to process this for you.
Will I be covered if there’s a stopover in another country that’s not on the policy?
If you are travelling to a region (including outside the airport of the stopover destination) that is not covered under your travel insurance policy, this will void your travel insurance policy altogether.
Can I get travel insurance if I live outside the UK?
Unfortunately, Insurancewith do not currently provide travel insurance to non-UK residents, or those who have spent more than 6 months out of the last 12 abroad.
Will the policy cover a loss of documents?
Yes, all Insurancewith policies cover a loss of documents and passports.
Do I need insurance if I’m travelling to EU countries?
Yes, you will need travel insurance if you are travelling within the EU. Travel insurance policies cover a variety of things including cancellation, personal possessions and personal accident and liability. Additionally, the EHIC card and Reciprocal Health Agreements in place for the EU do not always entitle UK residents to free healthcare and there may be some cost to be covered by your travel insurance policy.
I am currently awaiting tests to diagnose a medical condition, how do I declare this?
You should tell us this at the beginning of your quote, as we cannot accurately assess a medical condition until it has been officially diagnosed by your doctor. We advise that once you have your diagnosis from your GP, that you contact us for a quote.
I am currently awaiting treatment, can I still get cover?
We can sometimes provider cover for those currently awaiting treatment for a condition, but it is all dependent on the result of a medical screening. Please complete a quote online or give our customer service team a call to do this.
What should I do if there is a change to my medical situation, i.e. change in medication, new diagnosis once I have bought my policy but have not yet travelled?
Things change all the time, so we respect that your situation may change before you’re about to travel. If this has happened, we advise that you give our customer service team a call so that they can amend your policy accordingly.